# Development Team EvaluationMay 31, 2018 1 minute read
Development teams have similarities and differences. These are my questions to gauge the maturity of a team based on certain parameters: Agility, Code Quality, Operational Integrity. Most of the questions don’t have a single correct answer but a spectrum of possible answers. While far from being comprehensive this test can be useful when comparing potential employers and clients.
- What is your source control branching strategy?
- How do you know what is your team working on?
- What needs to be done?
- What has already been completed?
- How do you assign new work?
- How long does it take you to go from an idea into something your customers can use?
- How frequently do you do deployments?
- How many bugs have you had in the last quarter?
- How many of those were regressions?
- What sort of testing do you do?
- When was the last time you reviewed the vulnerabilities of your system?
- Do you know whom to contact in case there’s a problem?
- When was your last production incident?
- Did you resolve it?
- How long did it took to get resolved?