# Book Review: Rich Dad Poor DadOct 26, 2018 1 minute read
Rich Dad Poor Dad is a popular personal finance book. I don’t understand why. The entire book can be summarized in one page. It duplicates entire sections. The book provides no real advice on how to become rich. It even gives outright bad financial advice. Don’t waste your time. Read A Random Walk down Wall Street and The Little Book of Common Sense Investing instead.
- Highlights the need for financial education.
- Spend money on cash producing assets.
- Don’t spend money on liabilities.
- Erodes the value of traditional education.
- Gives very bad advice on paying debts.
- Does not provide clear tools for financial independence.